The City of Port Angeles has released findings from the recent Short-Term Rental (STR) Community Feedback Survey. The survey was conducted as part of the City’s Public Outreach Plan and aimed to gather insights and opinions on short-term rental operations and the City’s proposed regulations.
The survey was made available online from December 21, 2023, through January 14, 2024. The findings summarize the feedback received from 1,040 participants.
- High Public Interest: This topic garnered a substantial amount of response with 1,040 total participants and marked a record-high for City-hosted survey participation.
- Positive Perception of Short-Term Rentals: 60% of respondents feel that short-term rentals are a good lodging option for Port Angeles.
- Call for Regulation: Nearly 70% of respondents believe that some regulation of short-term rentals should be in place.
- Support for Licenses and Safety Inspections: More than half of respondents are in favor of a license and life safety inspection program.
- Preference for the Unlimited Option: Of the five alternatives being presented for short-term lodging regulation, the Unlimited Option (Alternative #1) received a plurality of community support. This was followed by the Constrained Option (Alternative #5).
The City of Port Angeles thanks the community for their participation in this survey. The valuable insights shared will contribute to informed discussion and potential policy considerations moving forward.
A summary of the findings will be formally presented during a Public Hearing of the Planning Commission on January 24th. This will be conducted as a hybrid meeting; members of the public are welcome to attend in-person at the City Hall Council Chambers, located at 321 E 5th Street, or virtually via Webex.
A subsequent City Council Public Hearing is scheduled for February 20th.
To learn more about this project, please visit www.cityofpa.us/ShortTermLodging.
Pictured Above: As part of the Public Outreach Plan, the City of Port Angeles also held a Community Workshop at the Port Angeles Senior Center on January 11, 2024. Approximately 50 community members attended this multi-departmental event.
Pictured Above: Where to locate community survey results on City website, www.cityofpa.us/ShortTermLodging